It includes materials such as contaminated plastics, polythene, napkins floor sweepings etc. General waste is a waste stream that would historically disposed of to landfill and some general waste is still disposed of this way. It includes materials such as contaminated plastics, polythene, napkins floor sweepings etc. However, advances in technology now mean that there are several alternative ways of dealing with general waste which can still ensure that value, usually in the form of energy, is recovered from it. We send our general waste to the energy recovery facility at Dunbar, East Lothian where it goes through a selection of processes ultimately to produce electricity.
Here’s what we offer:
- A free audit of your waste requirements
- Refuse bin and bag collections tailored to your needs
- Bag collection from within your premises daily if required
- A guaranteed collection schedule, assisting you towards zero waste to landfill
- Fully compliant legal documentation including waste transfer notes to enable you to meet your legal obligations
CWM collect general waste in wheeled bins or bags on collection days of your choice.
Bin sizes available - 120L, 240L, 360L, 660L, 1100L